Coffeehouse Chocolate Cinnamon Bread

Yep. I mean the chocolate cinnamon bread from THAT famous coffeehouse. After my first slice, I thought: this is really good. I bet I can make this at home. And sure enough I can!


Ingredients:
1 box chocolate chocolate chip muffin mix 
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 Tbs ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
Eggs, oil, liquid - per box directions, see below.

Topping
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cocoa 
1/8 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp cloves

Look on the muffin box for the chocolate bread recipe; follow the directions but substitute low fat buttermilk for the liquid. Add cocoa, cinnamon and vanilla to the batter. Stir until incorporated, don't over mix. Spoon into greased loaf pan.

In a small bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, cocoa, ginger and cloves. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter, covering all. You'll have some left.

Bake according to directions on the box. You're looking for a crusty top and a few fudgy crumbs on a toothpick, when tested. About 40-50 mins. Let cool for 10 minutes, invert onto cooling rack to cool before serving.

Note: I used Hershey's Special dark cocoa. Betty Crocker, Krusteaz, Duncan Hines and others make double chocolate muffin mix.

Comments

Popular Posts