Curried Pecan Tuna Salad


If I'm making tuna or chicken salad, I don't want your average mayonnaise-ladened deli salad. I want flavor, crunch and a twist. This tuna salad delivers. Grainy Dijon mustard, curry powder and the brightness of lemon juice gives it full on flavor.  Celery and pecans give it crunch. And the sweet chewiness of golden raisins balances it all out. I toasted an everything bagel, added the tuna salad, Swiss cheese and stuck it in the oven (400 degrees) until the cheese melted. 

Curried Pecan Tuna Salad

In a bowl, blend together:

1/3 cup mayonnaise
3 Tbs stone ground dijon mustard
2 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Add:
2 cans of light tuna in water, drained
1/2 cup celery, diced
1/4 cup onion, minced
3 Tbs golden raisins, chopped
3 Tbs pecans, chopped

That's it! I think this recipe would also be good with chopped Granny Smith apples.

Comments

Popular Posts