Smoked Ham Salad

Serve with Ritz or Club crackers, cucumber rounds, a slice of cheddar, but nothing too fancy -- that's a must. 

HAM: 

2 lbs smoked ham, trimmed of fat and chunked

Add to food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Don't over process! Or chop by hand.


In a bowl, stir together:

1 cup mayo (Dukes)
2 Tbs Dijon mustard
2 dashes hot sauce


4 Tbs small diced red pepper
4 Tbs small diced celery
1/2 cup small diced bread and butter pickle chips* 

Add mayo mixture to ham and stir until ham is coated. Add celery, red pepper and pickles. Chill for 1-2 hours. Best served cold. 

*I just eyeballed this amount, I'm guessing. They may make bread and butter pickle relish that you could use. Or use sweet.  I think I liked the chunked pickles better than I would relish. Taste it and if you like more mustard in yours, add it. Or more celery, I think onion either grated or finely chopped would be good.

Comments

Popular Posts