2 cans black beans, drained
2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp fine sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
1 poblano pepper, seeded/minced
1/2 sweet onion, finely diced
1 red bell pepper, seeded, small diced
2 large eggs
Oats for binding
MY Spin: I would add 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp smoked paprika, 1/2 tsp cumin.
Dill Havarti or Smoked Cheddar cheese
Arugula or spinach greens, washed and dried
Spicy or whole grain mustard
Bakery onion buns
- Mash or purée black beans with Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, add all other ingredients (except oats), then add the pureed beans. Mix together until just combined. Add oats until mixture is thick enough to form a patty. Chill mixture for one hour.
- Make desired amount of patties (approximately 4" diameter, 1/2" thick). Sauté in canola oil, over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes each side.
- Add cheese, cook until melted and patty is heated through.
- Serve with your choice of toppings! Great with Hawaiian Onion Kettle Chips.