Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese

First, I tried Paula Deen's recipe. Then, Trisha Yearwood's. Then a neighbor's. Finally, I took what I liked from all three and a few others and made my own Slow Cooker Mac & Cheese recipe. That's the keeper.

Can I make awesome baked mac and cheese with a Bechamel and gruyere?
Yes. Do I always want that? No.


Ingredients
1 can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup
6 Tbs butter, melted
4 cups milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1/2 tsp onion powder

1lb. (box) pasta (shells, rotini, radiatorre, etc.)
2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
1 cup Italian blend cheese 

Directions
In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients EXCEPT the pasta and cheese. Spray the inside of your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Add the UNcooked pasta to the slow cooker. Pour the milk mixture over pasta, add the cheese and stir. Mixture will be soupy, but when the pasta cooks, it will absorb the fluid. 

Cook on low for 2 hours. Remove lid and stir. Cover and continue to cook on low for another 45-60 mins. Optional: before serving, top with toasted panko crumbs or crushed potato chips.




Comments

Popular Posts